The Research activity is an opportunity for participants to go deeper in their faith. They will research, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills.
- The research activity is for Yr. 3 and above.
- The research paper must be related to the Festival theme.
- Below is a list of suggested topics that connect with this year’s theme.
- Submissions must be in digital form using Arial 12 point font and double spaced. Diagrams with references may be included but are not counted towards the total page count. undecorated title page clearly indicating your Church, your name, age group, and the title of your work.
- Page count per Grade:
- YR.3 and 4: 2 – 4 pages
- YR.5 and 6: 3 – 6 pages
- YR.7 to 9: 4 – 8 pages
- YR. 10 to 13: 5 – 10 pages
- Adults: 7 – 15 pages
- Groups participating in the Research activity may have one or more submissions. If there is more than one submission representing the group, the higher mark will count as the group mark in Research (local church only).
- The research project may be presented in the form of a poster, a brochure or an essay.
- A bibliography must also be included with the submission. Please note that all research papers must be
- the participant’s original work. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will negatively affect your mark.
- Please upload your submission to Google drive under related age group
Steps for research:
Select a topic and think of a specific thesis (have a question your research will answer)
Choose appropriate resources (books, online publications, etc.)
Identify the key information you will use and its source (through highlighting, annotating, etc.)
Reword the key information in your own words
Add the reworded information to your final copy
Include your source in your bibliography
- Writing Conventions (Spelling, punctuation and grammar): 9%
- Organization: 16%
- Information: 16%
- Quality Of Research Information: 16%
- Theological Accuracy: 9%
- Bibliography: 9%
- Presentation of the Research: 9%
- Connection of Research with The Theme: 16%
Coptic Church Liturgies
- Behaviour Expectations During Church Services
- Pope Athanasius the Apostolic
- How to Prepare for Communion
- Pope Cyril the Pillar of Faith
- Pope Dioscorus
- The Spirituality and Rites of the Praises
- Queen Esther
- The Katamares and the Holy Bible
- Doctrine of Incarceration and Redemption
- Titles, Symbols and Feasts of St Mary
- Intercession Dogma
- Major and Minor Feasts of the Lord
- Popes with Historical Significance
- How to Benefit from your Time in a Healthy Way
- The Art of Conversation
- St Mark the Apostle, Founder of the Church in Egypt