This activity is intended to foster the creativity and technical ability of the participants and to utilize the latest technology in serving God in a Christian context.
- The multimedia competition is for Yr. 3 and above.
- Choose one of the projects below and make sure to relate it to the theme of the Festival
- Graphics: Create a computer image. Suggested Programs: Photoshop or Twisted Brush
- Web Design: Design a website. The website may include images and/or music. Suggested
- Programs: Wix, WordPress, FrontPage, WebDwarf, ChocolateBanana and StrawBerryMango.
- Web design examples:
- Design a website consisting of 4 pages with hyperlinks (supported by images and sound if applicable) about one of our church saints (St. Mark, Maximus and Domadius, or The Three Anba Makars. The site should include information about their life, their faith, and what we learn from them.
- Design an online library that contains the books of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III in pdf format. The site should allow searching using title, topics or keywords, year of publication etc. The user should be able to view and read the books.
- Design a site that contains a database and a map of all the Coptic monasteries in Egypt. The site should allow searching using (Geographical location, Saints of the monastery, Important publications of the monastery with ability to display them in pdf format.
- Multimedia: Create a video or a slideshow. Suggested Programs: Windows Movie Maker or PowerPoint
- Computer Game: Create any Christian computer game. Suggested Program: Game Maker 8
- Mobile Application: Create a mobile app. Suggested Program: Qt Creator
- All projects must be the original work of the participant and should reflect his or her creative ability. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will negatively affect your mark.
- Groups participating in the Multimedia activity may be represented by one or more members of the group and have one or more submission. If there is more than one submission representing the group, the higher mark will count as the group mark in Multimedia.
- At the final submission, the project must be handed on CD, DVD, our USB and cannot be submitted by email.
- At the final submission, the project must be uploaded to youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/copticfestival)
- All resources used should be consistent with our Orthodox beliefs, whether images, movies, songs or data. All references should be included.
- Topic/Content: 25%
- Technical Capability: 25%
- Mechanics: 25%
- Oral Presentation Skills: 25%